The Best Friends in The World, and I have them.

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” 
 A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Yesterday (Saturday) morning was meant to be like no other for me, with the exception of a friend of mine Barbara O'Connor was calling circa 11-11:30am to say hello. 

What happened next is something I WILL remember for the rest of my life. It was filmed live on Facebook too, so I will share that link with you in this blog, which I believe has no privacy locks on it. 

In short, Barbara stalked (lovingly and very affectively I might add), my close friends and colleagues on Facebook. All done (I can now see), by setting up a secret Facebook group and corralling them all in to it. 
Once in, they were all invited to buy 'hearts' which would bear there name and form part of a beautifil handmade presentation piece, modelled on the shape of a hot air balloon. 

See photo below:

 
Barbara O Connor presenting me with this unique and fantastic handmade piece. 


More amazing presents were lauded on me:
The hotel whose gardens I have used to launch my balloon (Bellinter House) donated a voucher for an overnight stay.
A beautiful figurine of the Up House from Deirdre Byrne acquired in Disneyland Paris was unwrapped along with a stunning card and frame to match. 
A bottle of wine for Alison, a handmade plaque for Aoife depicting one of the sayings I have here on my blogs where I mention the apple of my eye. 

I was also presented with a beautiful presented story of myself set to rhyme by my friend Tony Flynn. 
Tony it must be stated is a master of this skill. Have a look at the piece below and you will agree:  

 

A master of rhyme and verse, Tony Flynn's work of art. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What can I say, really. 

I'm writing this blog exactly 24 hours after the event and I'm still stuck for words. 
How Barbara O Connor managed to pull off what in essence was a globally administered effort and
perfect it with military percision is a story in itself. 

As I'm always looking forward, I never really stop to look back at the people I have with me. I'm just happy to move on and tick the next box, whatever or wherever it is. Hence the shock and high emotions that came with this event. 

My friends, colleagues, people I've pushed into my basket (the odd one needed a bit of persuasion), let me tell you  right now, from the absolute bottom of my heart, that I am so so appreciative of both the effort that went in to this but also the fact of the extreme generosity of everyone involved. 

There's a saying, 'you can pick your friends but you cannot pick your family'
I'm very lucky in this regard, my friends are my family and my family are my friends. 

With this rough patch I'm going thru right now, it's next to near impossible to explain here how important that support is to me right now. The fact that I know the actual fight I am putting up, I must do so alone. 
I'll be brutally honest here, yes it can get lonely for me. When I'm in the middle of a chemo side effect is my loneliest time. But then when that passes, I refocus and my full support becomes very visible. 

That's when each and every one my friends and supporters shine in my mind. It builds me up and puts me in order to see another side effect thru which I do and do again, but the counter balance here is YOU. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Click the link above to view the Facebook feed of my surprise presentation that was live at the time.
(duration 8mins)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot fight this without you and what happened yesterday has set our team in stone. 
It's set in the 'toughest stone that's known' and yesterday set those 4 bold words on fire for me. 

I won't let you down, I promise. 

This blog is dedicated to my friends. 
and by janey, I have the cream of the crop. 
The Murf

Comments

  1. It was a pleasure to participate in such a Covert Mission but the best part was your realisation of the love and support you have from all over this world ...you have a hell of a team in your corner 😊.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That penny has definitely dropped Cathie. 😀😀

      Delete
  2. An absolute Pleasure Aidan that's what friends are for

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shake, Rattle and Roll

A good mannered daughter, holding the hammer and a limerick pops up.

The magic of Mondovi with the Spirit of Saint Pio.