When the chips are down, Brian pops up.

 



   
Brian Jones, first non-stop around the world
in a Hot Air Balloon. 

When fighting this  type of battle that I am right now, I need to able and reach out and grasp the will and the energy from somewhere. The last few days did see me on a bit of a downer. Human feelings do come into play which I respect (not really much of a choice here eh ?) but there is good and bad always mixed up in these. I think the trick here is to deal with the bad and the good feelings tend to follow your DNA. With my PayPal work colleague the late Sean O Kelly R.I.P passing away, Santa inviting Aoife to his HQ in the North Pole, I didn't know this week wheather I was coming or going, blowing hot or cold or even sinking or swimming and to top matters off, my stomach was not in a good place at all tonight. After repeated loo visits, I think I'm over the rough side of this though. 

Then this evening saw my email inbox go ping and I receive an email from Brian Jones
Brian, a licensed Hot Air Balloon Pilot and certified flight instructor, (pictured above right) along with Bertrand Piccard, co-piloted the first successful uninterrupted circumnavigation of the world on board the balloon Breitling Orbiter 3. They set off on 1 March 1999 from Château d'Oex in Switzerland and landed in Egypt after a 45,755 kilometre flight lasting 19 days, 21 hours and 47 minutes.

I know Brian a number of years now. We met up when he was over in Ireland on a Press/PR mission and needed to borrow a basket, tanks and burner to fly the replica of the record breaking balloon he copiloted non-stop around the world. I figured back then, well if you can't trust a chap with your balloon kit that's flown the first non-stop around the world balloon flight, well who can you trust, eh ?

Brian's email this evening perked me up big time. I carry a serious respect for this gentleman. So when I read his email, I put my mind in a similar place to where his would have been on 1st March 1999. Plotting, planning, looking ahead, dealing with whatever crosses your path, and a big one, having faith and trusting the crack team around you. 

On a humorous note, the only negative vibe that I could possibly paint, is that it was this fantastic flight of the Breitling Orbiter 3 balloon that aroused my interest in this formidable watch brand. Yes, I'll admit to being a massive fan of Breitling Watches and over the years I have had what I call, the odd moment of weakness. 

Let's just say, I'm never late for my chemotherapy appointments in the Bons Secour. 


Thanks so much for reading my blog. 

 



 



 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake, Rattle and Roll

A good mannered daughter, holding the hammer and a limerick pops up.

The magic of Mondovi with the Spirit of Saint Pio.